So you wanna see what ectopic bone looks like after it's been "morselized"? Here is a picture of what Dr. Mayo removed. He said there was actually more; some had already been taken before he told them to get a picture for me.
Looks like stew meat, or a tasty treat for Fido.
10 years
8 years ago

You're a bone-making factory!
ReplyDeleteWow, that's amazing! That's a HUGE amount of bone. Yikes, I hope I don't end up with that much. I am having more and more pain on flexion which I am trying to ignore. I don't go back to Dr. M for re-evaluation until November so perhaps the pain is something else and will resolve. We shall see!
ReplyDeleteEeeeewwwwwww!!!
ReplyDeletedude you win for coolest blog post ever.
ReplyDeleteHow is your ROM a month after surgery? Hope you are having fun in physical therapy!
ReplyDeleteFirst of let me say - grooooossssss! I never want to see what the surgeons have taken out of me!
ReplyDeleteSecondly, g'day! Terri pointed me in your direction. I'm a 'Hip Chick' (CDH, multiple childhood surgeries, THR 6 months ago) in Australia.
I am writing a book about dysplasia in adults (a patient's guide sort of thing), along with a young surgeon in the UK. We're keen to find some men to interview for the book, as we only have women on board so far. If you're interested, please drop me a line on denise@sutherland-studios.com.au
Thank you! Good luck with your continuing recovery :)
Hey Matt,
ReplyDeleteThey look like pop candy, that sits on your tongue & makes snapping/popping sounds. lol. Glad your doing better. I pointed a friend's son towards your blog. He just had hip surgery & will need the next one done in the next few years.
Cousin Cris from Burlington, Canada.